Hey Daniel, I didn’t know we were having a competition... ;-))

I must admit it was a long time ago when I first purchased my ‘Apple External
SuperDrive’ possibly when first released.
So duly noted, that Apple DVD Player now works with newer external third party
DVD drives!

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB