> On 30 Apr 2020, at 12:32 pm, Peter Crisp <petercr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> Thanks Stephen for this and the other email on the Office link. I presume
> there is a way to screen all applications installed to confirm the
> 32bit/64bit compatibility as a predecessor before deciding to launch into
> Catalina update.
>

> Kind Regards
>

> Peter Crisp

The System Report in MacOS gives you a guide, but by far the best resource is
Go64 from St Clair Software

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/ <https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/>

This program scans your computer and shows a list of all software on your
computer. You can clearly see which apps are 64 bit and which are 32 bit, but
it goes so much further than that. It also shows a list of software which is
“mostly” 64 bit, but may have problems because of some components which may be
32 bit. In other words, the programs will launch, but certain activities may
wither fail or even cause the software ot crash.

Go64 bit also has a delete function, letting you remove 32 -bit software on the
fly, rather than having to make a note of it and look for it afterwards. Handy
as a clean up tool even after installing Catalina.

These are just a few of its functions. Did I mention it’s free (donationware)?

Well worth the download.

Kind regards,

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948