Hello All,
   It's all down to memory loss when I first started using this mini it
   was not going to go online so instead of giving a password I just hit
   enter, then when switched on today a password was requested to setup
   time etc., I forgot that my password was nothing so I finally got
   everything ready to setup but could not connect to internet.
   Checked in system preferences indicated that I was connected to my
   network but the wifi symbol at top of screen was blanked out, after a
   lot of thought tried to connect via hotspot on my phone and got
   connected but I still can't connect via my telstra modem.
   End of long story showing what happens when you get to 83 and start to
   forget things, Thanks for all the help offered.
   Regards Bill & Juliet
   PS I now live in Victoria.

   On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 6:05 PM Neil Houghton via WAMUG