Does your child struggle in school? Discover Sylvan Learning
Centers and get $100 off enrollment, $25 off a Skill
Assessment, or a FREE video.
http://click.topica.com/aaaavob1dhdKb1tdRUa/SylvanLearning

From: "Huw Sandaver"

> Hey Maree, Just referring to the vote rigging scandal up here in QLD. Now
> that is funny. I don't think any system is completely perfect, but
> anything could be better than the US one..

Please tell me you're not a Queenslander !
As for the vote rigging. Just so it is not totally confusing.. As I
understand it, because of the preferntial system and because we have many
and varied smaller parties. these parties negotiate as to which way
prefernces will be directed. On the how to vote papers handed out by each
party / candidate as people enter polling booths, they show how each
candidate suggests their preferences go. It is up to the voter to decide to
follow or choose their own... The vote rigging suggested that someone in the
labor party paid for something in another party so they would have Labor
listed as their no 2 preference. Is that the one you're talking about ?
It does show imperfections, even more when we are only talking a few hundred
dollars, and not the millions that transfer in the US. I wonder if they
realise that we can run an election, campaign, voting, counting, etc,... in
6 - 8 weeks ?
maree

>     referrer name = john_t    Check it out! It works!

> T O P I C A  http://www.topica.com/t/17
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Your Favorite Topics

/=-=-=-=-Click Here & Support Our Sponsor-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=\
Juniper Bank-2.9% intro APR, 100% access
Experience unrivaled Internet and wireless convenience
with friendly account reminders and online discounts.
Get connected to a whole new kind of credit card.
http://click.topica.com/aaaa5Eb1dhdKb1tdRUc/Juniper