On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:55 PM, bugs buggy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 6/8/08, Ari Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Per Inge Mathisen
>>
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > We found and fixed a serious endianness problem in the network code
>>  > (packet size was not byte swapped), which means we will have to
>>  > recreate the binaries again. Sorry.
>>  >
>>  > Let me know when you are ready.
>>

>> Given that my binaries are subject to deletion anyhow, I'll let
>>  Freddie do it.  Have fun.
>>
> I am unsure I understand what you mean, all the binaries are now here:
> http://download.gna.org/warzone/releases/2.1/hold_back/
>
> So I don't see anything that was deleted?

I meant that my build was going to be deleted because it was larger in
size and a debug build.

> For the other things, I think there should be 2 binaries available for
> each platform, a release build and a debug build.
> I agree that debug builds are *far* better for finding bugs, and all
> betas *should* be debug builds.
> Then when we go into release mode, have a release & a debug build
> available that people can use to see if they can replicate the problem
> with both builds.

I agree.

> Ari, when you get the time, is it possible to write down someplace
> what all is involved in building the mac builds the way you want it to
> be done?
> In the forums, ( http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1747 ),
> people have issues, but I don't know what the 'correct' fix is, or how
> to explain the process to them.

That documentation is cleverly hidden in macosx/README.BUILD.txt where
it has been located since I first created the Mac port. :)

> That way, it would be easier to know what breaks, (and how NOT to
> break) mac builds.

That's one thing I try to keep consistent and which has not been
maintained as faithfully by other developers: A simple build process
that has as its only prerequisites Mac OS X 10.4 or higher, Xcode, and
the Warzone sources.  Given those things, it has (ever since I
converted the port to an Xcode project) been a single command in the
terminal that generates the .app.