On Friday, 21 August 2009 at 23:11, Zarel wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Stephen Swaney <sswa...@centurytel.net>
> wrote:
> > Right now, we overload 'enhancement' to mean both patches and feature
> > requests.  Ideally, we want to be able to separate the bugs and
> > patches from feature requests which are often useless.
>
> The last time I brought this up, the reply was to add "[patch]" to the
> subject line.
[...]
> Seems to work well enough like that.

Except that filtering for that is harder. A direct trac type would be nice.
Basically if we want non-bugs in trac, we need an easy way to get a list of
outstanding issues without the noise (and the contrary "things to waste time on
when bored" list). That was my intention when I suggested making "needinfo" a
priority (maybe not the best solution, but easy to do without plugins), you can
just filter it out while keeping the bug open (autoclosing with the "pending"
plugin might be nice, though).

And if "View Tickets" brought up the list of open tickets, newest first instead
of the current list of mostly useless reports, it might actually be useful. Is
there a way to modify this report list? It always just distracted me with its
pretence of usefulness, and I made a custom bookmark to get a simple bug list
without being bothered by it.

Oh, and to go completely off-topic, our wiki is currently listed under
"development", but also contains user stuff. It would be very nice to have the
user side more visible, maybe then people read it and start adding info to it.