On 10/19/05, Christian Ohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 October 2005 at  1:30, Qamly wrote:
> > On 10/11/05, Per Inge Mathisen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > On 10/11/05, Christian Ohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of access rights, for SVN at least, that is given to people
>
> Now you speak as if you are leading the project.

Hmm..

> > who can show they can do good patches, we can't just give SVN access
> > to everyone who asks without knowing what they will do.
>
> But we can give access to people that have sent useful patches, and then
> just trust them not to misuse their access. If you can't trust people to
> do that, why even make them project members? Having access control is a
> form of control for me (something I was accused of wanting to exert).

Yes, I said if they have good patches, they should get access to svn.
However, granting anyone access rights on trivial patches shouldn't
be done IMO.  I am in the side of prove to us that you can do a
somewhat good job with the patches, then they should ask for
access, and then the team member decide.

> What's wrong with removing those who don't do anything? If they want to,
> they can be readded easily.

The only thing wrong is some people will take that the wrong way.

> > Yes, we need more people to do action (ie code/test/gfx work) than
>
> Just to reiterate: That's what I think the current course won't bring,
> and my proposed changes will.

And I hope you are wrong.