The code below was an interesting experiment, but not so
straightforward.  Don't try this at home :) (although it would be kind
of cool to get it working, as side-by-side execution is something I
would use).

Jared

On Jan 6, 10:55 pm, Jared Quinert <[email protected]> wrote:
> If it's just about running the same test code, I've documented an
> approach here:
>
> http://www.software-testing.com.au/blog/2009/07/02/running-watir-cros...
>
> I found there were minor differences between browsers that I needed to fix.
>
> Or did you mean you wanted to run tests simultaneously against different
> browsers to do a side-by-side comparison?
> I can't test this as my PC at home isn't set up, but can someone confirm
> if something like this should work?
>
> class Browsers
>   def initialize(browsers)
>     @browsers=[]
>     browsers.each do |browser |
>       @browsers.push Watir::IE.new if browser=='ie'
>       @browsers.push FireWatir::Firefox.new if browser=='firefox'
>     end
>   end
>
>   def method_missing(method, *args)
>     @browsers.each do | browser |
>       browser.send(method, *args)
>     end
>   end
>
> end
>
> browsers=Browsers.new([ie, firefox])
> browsers.goto('http://www.google.com/')
>
> Jaredhttp://www.software-testing.com.au/blog/
>
>
>
> tester86 wrote:
> > Question, with the not tested code:
>
> > If I was to test against one application or browser i.e. google and
> > then search in both IE and FF would I need to specify the code twice.
>
> > Could I state:
>
> > Open IE
> > Open FF
>
> > Check Page Title
> > Text Box Place "Test"
> > Click Search
>
> > End
>
> > All of the above would be one set of code not duplicating the code
> > twice..
>
> > On Jan 5, 9:30 am, tester86 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> Hi
>
> >> Or would you like to do something like this (not tested)?
>
> >>> [Watir::IE.new, FireWatir::Firefox.new].each do |browser|
> >>>   browser.goto "google.com"
> >>>   browser.goto "yahoo.com"
> >>> end
>
> >>> The above code will go to google and yahoo first in IE, and then in FF
>
> >> --Yes I would like something like that. Has this been tested or is
> >> there any good documentation?
>
> >> Thanks
>
> >> On Jan 5, 8:29 am, Željko Filipin <[email protected]>
> >> wrote:
>
> >>> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:21 PM, tester86 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >>>> My question is would I have to write two sets of code
> >>>> one for ie and one for ff in order to run my script against both
> >>>> browsers.
>
> >>> I am not sure what you mean by this. Would this work for you?
>
> >>> ie = Watir::IE.new
> >>> ie.goto "google.com"
>
> >>> ff = FireWatir::Firefox.new
> >>> ff.goto "google.com"
>
> >>> ie.goto "yahoo.com"
> >>> ff.goto "yahoo.com
>
> >>> Or would you like to do something like this (not tested)?
>
> >>> [Watir::IE.new, FireWatir::Firefox.new].each do |browser|
> >>>   browser.goto "google.com"
> >>>   browser.goto "yahoo.com"
> >>> end
>
> >>> The above code will go to google and yahoo first in IE, and then in FF.
>
> >>> Željko
> >>> --
> >>> watir.com - community manager
> >>> watirpodcast.com - host- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general

Reply via email to