Can you post the complete backtrace?  I bet the method "test_entertext" is
being run before "test_start".

If I remember correctly, Test::Unit runs the methods inside a test class in
asciibetical order.

You might want to collapse all three of those methods into one.  There's
probably no real gain in having them be separated.