Welsey,
I changed my script according to what you mentioned above. When I run
it in IE I get the following error message:
NoMethodError: undefined method `text_field' for nil:NilClass
All I am trying to do is to login to an application:
$b.text_field(:name, "username").set("user1")
$b.text_field(:name, "password").set("X")
$b.link(:id, "button1").fire_event("onMouseDown")
$b.link(:id, "button1").fire_event("onMouseUp")
Any Idea's since when I run my scripts in IE I seem to get error
message like that for different things i.e. text field and links
Thanks
On Jan 15, 8:41 pm, Wesley Chen <[email protected]> wrote:
> You may change
> *Class TestGoogle < Test::Unit::TestCase*
> to
> *class TestGoogle < Watir::TestCase*
> And
> *require 'watir'
> require 'watir/testcase'*
>
> Thanks.
> Wesley Chen.
> For life, the easier, the better.
>
>
>
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Bill Agee <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Can you post the complete backtrace? I bet the method "test_entertext" is
> > being run before "test_start".
>
> > If I remember correctly, Test::Unit runs the methods inside a test class in
> > asciibetical order.
>
> > You might want to collapse all three of those methods into one. There's
> > probably no real gain in having them be separated.
>
> > On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:31 AM, tester86 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> Hi
>
> >> Please note that this is an example of what tests.
>
> >> Class TestGoogle < Test::Unit::TestCase
>
> >> def test_start()
>
> >> $b=Watir::Browser.start("https://www.google.com")
>
> >> end
>
> >> def test_entertext()
> >> $b.text_field(:name, "SearchField").set("Search")
> >> $b.button(:name, "btnG").click
> >> end
>
> >> def test_verify()
>
> >> if $b.contains_text("Search")
> >> puts "passed"
> >> else
> >> puts "failed"
> >> end
>
> >> end
>
> >> end
>
> >> In my options.yml if I tell it to run with IE then in command prompt I
> >> get the error $b is not defined.
>
> >> --
>
> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> >> "Watir General" group.
> >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> >> Before posting, please read the following guidelines:
> >>http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> [email protected]
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Watir General" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> > Before posting, please read the following guidelines:
> >http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > [email protected]
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines:
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general