Hi,

sorry, I did not yet try for myself, so I am guessing at this point.

The main difference between starting manually and starting as service is the
user wotaskd is running under. So you could try to change the service user
for the wotaskd service to the admin user and see whether this changes
something.

Your description sounds like permission problems on the disk. You could as well
change
siteconfig.xml manually and see whether you can start this app / instance
afterwords.

Regards, Markus