Hi,

Am 09.09.21 um 01:04 schrieb Brett Cornwall:
> (...)
> I was hesitant to reply to this because I'm starting to think that
> you're just a troll... but I'll bite: It's not LibreOffice's problem
> that your distro packages software so old that even the brand new
> release is already out of date. That's *your* problem to deal with.

maybe it's always a good starter to know a bit about the people you are
talking to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Document_Foundation&oldid=478428168

(see the picture on the right side and you get the 'trol'l for about 16
years).

And nice to read that the latest release of the free Linux distribution
Debian (from this year) is only old software. The project and its
maintainers will like you for this ;-)

> And yes, it *is* my opinion that tech-savvy people should contribute
> to the public face of LibreOffice's web presence. *Industry
> professional web developers* should be building it because that talent
> is what makes a good website.

And you are thinking of an excluding and not an including and open
project. Thus we didn't share the same opinions on open source projects
and LibreOffice in particular.

Based on this vision and thinking LibreOffice and its ancestor wouldn't
have had a website etc.

> It's asinine to believe that hosting a flimsy CMS for flinging digital
> mud is a *good* idea in webdev.
Such opinion about content contributions seemed a bit singular to me and
could be seen as disrespect. But I respect your opinion, although I
don't share it.

Regards,
Andreas

--