Some findings

I cannot stop the weewx process by ' /etc/init.d/weewx stop', it keeps
running for several minutes (and keeps on going). I need to find the
process ID, and kill it by

root@ubuntu:/etc/weewx# ps -ef | grep weewx
root       17394       1 17 13:27 ?        00:01:59 python3
/usr/share/weewx/weewxd --daemon --pidfile=/var/run/weewx.pid
/etc/weewx/weewx.conf
root       17899       1  0 13:37 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh
/etc/init.d/weewx stop
root       18084   13623  0 13:38 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto weewx
root@ubuntu:/etc/weewx# kill -9 17394

Question: why do you have the WLLArchive placed into StdReport-services?
And not in StdArchive-service? Reading the Weewx-architecture (see
http://www.weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#The_WeeWX_service_architecture),
it should have its place as an archive_service, dont you agree? Quote:
"weewx.engine.StdArchive Archive any new data to the SQL databases."

[Engine]
    [[Services]]
        # This section specifies the services that should be run. They are
        # grouped by type, and the order of services within each group
        # determines the order in which the services will be run.
        prep_services = weewx.engine.StdTimeSynch
        data_services = ,
        process_services = weewx.engine.StdConvert,
weewx.engine.StdCalibrate, weewx.engine.StdQC,
weewx.wxservices.StdWXCalculate, user.calcdrought.CalcDrought
        archive_services = weewx.engine.StdArchive
        restful_services = weewx.restx.StdStationRegistry,
weewx.restx.StdWunderground, weewx.restx.StdPWSweather,
weewx.restx.StdCWOP, weewx.restx.StdWOW, weewx.restx.StdAWEKAS,
user.mqtt.MQTT
        report_services = weewx.engine.StdPrint, weewx.engine.StdReport,
user.WLLArchive.WLLArchive