Surely that would not explain why nearly all the archive/WU records are
timed at 10 minute intervals rather than the selected 5 minute interval.
It looks almost as though, when there are possible delays in loop records
being emitted, if 'the window when an archive should be taken' is missed
because no loop or rec received an attempt is not made until the next
record 'window' rather than when the next loop is received.  ie loop
records received outside a record creation 'window' do not trigger record
creation.  I am assuming that there is such a thing as an archive creation
window somewhere within the bowels of weewx - the frequency is set in
weewx.conf, but the window size/duration is fixed somewhere/somehow and I
am guessing it is set to either 60 seconds or maybe 60 seconds-archive
delay.