On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 3:26:22 AM UTC-5, Cameron D wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am back after a long period of doing other things and have started
> merging Matthew's latest code into my version of the driver, which
> uses only PyUSB v1
> I am looking to create a unified version that works with both V0 and V1
> APIs.

camera,

i think we have the libusb/pyusb issues under control.  it was basically
and issue of detecting timeouts and 'no data' "errors", since the wmr300
driver needs to ignore those.  since v1 is backward compatible with v0 api,
we should be ok.

at some point it might be useful to make weewx aware of different pyusb and
libusb versions, but imho that should be done in a weewx.usb module, not in
each driver. (see the 'usb' branch for one way of doing it - that
generalization also makes it possible to support platforms like macos and
other hid implementations)

i think the remaining issues for wmr300 driver are:

1) figure out how to clear the history properly.  the rc5 driver does this
(based on the code you wrote!), but ruben's station seems to respond
differently than others, so we're still not quite there.

2) figure out how to reset the rain counter from software.  this might not
be possible.

3) address any of the long-term issues you have discovered.  did any of
those cause weewx to stop?

thank you for continuing to collect data and for the detailed analyses.  i
suspect we might have to make some of that instrumentation easy for any
wmr300 user so that we can figure out what is happening with hardware like
ruben's