Thanks for the response. In fact the current available Sun Freeware package for Solaris 8 is 1.10.2; the one I'm using in production was loaded some time ago. I'll just need to load the new package on a test server and check it out.

Steven M. Schweda wrote:

From: Alan Watt

I'm using wget version 1.9.1 for Solaris 8 (SPARC). [...]

  I don't deal with proxies, so I don't know much about this, but you
might do better with the current released version, 1.10.2.  I don't know
if a suitable binary kit is generally available, but if you can't find
one, and you can't build it from the source, I can build one on Solaris
10, if you think that that might be useful.

  Steven M. Schweda               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  382 South Warwick Street        (+1) 651-699-9818
  Saint Paul  MN  55105-2547