Zitat von Micah Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> There are two bugs here, actually: one is lack of support for
> authentication with FTP proxies (feature request), the other is that
> it's not clearly documented that proxy-user/proxy-password only apply to
> HTTP proxies.
>
> Can anyone tell me offhand, does Wget currently support the use of HTTP
> proxies for fetching FTP resources ("GET ftp://foo/ HTTP/1.1")? It looks
> to me like the answer is no; if so, that should be filed as well.

This is in wget for long time and working well.

These sometimes called FTP-Proxies are not explicitly supported.
There also seem to exist various schemes how the authentication information for
the proxy and the ftp behind it is transferred, some combinations of USER, PASS
and AUTH, some of them can even be done with wget and a suitable crafted URL. I
think after login the FTP-client does a normal FTP session with the FTP-proxy.

Best regards,

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10             Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Germany