First, did you used packaged images in your JSP? Guess not. The resources had an issue. But that's fixed - again.

And what gives you any idea about what we're using in our applications? The app I have been working on in a team of three pretty much uses all of the HTML components there are, except for radio buttons. It's not that there are a zillion of possibilities and web applications. And having a guy like Maurice in your team, you'll be sure to run into anything possible (inside joke).

I partly agree with your whole point, just like using JDK1.5.0 can be tricky. On the other hand if you start to use it now for a project that will go for a year, you'd be pretty sure most urgent JDK1.5.x issues will be solved by then. So, sure, if you really want to be sure, you might want to wait for a couple of months until Wicket 1.0.x.

Eelco

I filed a bug report a while back about how poorly the performance degraded (versus JSP) when you'd add ten or more static images. It was insane or slow it was. I don't know what became of this issue but this was just one of many open ended issues. I just don't think you can truthfully say: "hey! we're ready!" when in all honesty you are ready for the small subset of examples you have tried. You *will* run into stuff you haven't seen before. I'm talking more about performance issues or inability to code some things in Wicket (i.e. no workarounds, no functionality for doing it) than someone running into simple bugs.