I am using 1.2.1. Igor suggested to use the latest code from WICKET_1_2
branch and I will try that.

Anyway, although I do not yet understand exactly how things work, I
realize I was trying to do something quite stupid, as the page I tested
was the first of the application. By inserting a home page before this
one, I can separate concerns and everything is going much better. I
still do not understand the IE specificity, but things now work.

Thanks to all for your support.

Pierre-Yves