I think that an API change is neccessary and that ist is just the right
point of time to do it. Most of the projects based on wicket are not
very old, therefore good enogh in mind of the developers to perform an
api change. Some of them (the new component constructor) can be handled
by an intelligent pattern replace.
BUT: where can I get wicket 2.0? The official link to SVN on the
sourceforge page points to http://svn.sourceforge.net/wicket. And e.g.
in trunk, the project.xml file still has "1.2-SNAPSHOT" as the curretn
version.
I really would like to try Wicket 2.0 for a new project.