Hi Erik!

I understand your CMS component approach, and it makes a lot of sense.
 I also, however, do see the benefit of creating a full blown CMS in
Wicket.  I've used a lot of different open sources CMS', and I really
have yet to find one created using Java that I like.  PHP holds the
crown when it comes to open source CMS' - not because PHP is superior
in any way (although it may be in some areas :-), but because of the
community surrounding PHP based CMS'.  The community is incredible!
Third party development for Joomla, Drupal and Typo3 blows my mind!  I
like writing code in Java, and focusing on really clean OO models.
Because of this, I want to use a clean, simple and modular CMS that I
can extend easily using Java (and that allows me to take advantage of
the enormous amounts of high quality Java libraries available).  This
is where I see Wicket coming into play - it really helps keep things
simple and clean.  Oh ya, and it's fun to work with!!! :-)  I
definitely can see the advantages and situations where the components
you've mentioned would come in handy, but I can also see certain
situations where a full blown, simple, elegant, and fun to work with
CMS would help make our lives easier.

Hugh.