Probably the CSV exporters to the wikidata can be a suitable answer to this
problem. For example we have the table of all mayors in Rome (there were a
lot of them) with their titles and years of begin and end. It shouldn't be
very hard to write a convertor that will create the property values of "head
of government <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P6>" property and
populate all these mayors like here:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q656#wb-terms

-----