Hi

I do not think a separate Wikibase instance would be needed to provide the data for Wiktionary. I think this can and should be done on Wikidata. But as said by Milos and pointed out by Gerard, lexical knowledge does indeed require a different data schema. This is why the proposal introduces new entity types for lexemes, forms, and senses. The data model is mostly based on lexical ontologies that we surveyed, like LEMON and others.

I think a separate Wikibase installation would be much better than adding lexical knowledge on Wikidata. Wikidata is about things in the first place and Wiktionary is about words etc. So having a Wikibase installation only for Wiktionary makes more sense in my opinion as that is the same plan we currently have for Commons/Wikiquote etc. It would still be connected to Wikidata in ways like accepting items from Wikidata as values in statements and having access to their data. However, we should separate lexical knowledge and Wikidata also wiki-wise.

Best regards,
Bene