De : Wikidata <wikidata-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org> de la part de Samuel Klein
Envoyé : mercredi 13 novembre 2019 14:21
À : Discussion list for the Wikidata project <wikidata@lists.wikimedia.org>
Cc : Mark Graham <m...@archive.org>
Objet : Re: [Wikidata] References to newspaper articles behind paywalls like
newspapers.com

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 4:07 AM Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemow...@gmail.com<mailto:nemow...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Let's not spread publisher FUD on Wikimedia lists, please.

I was about to say the same thing...  else the lists will be takenn over by
FUD/BCH wars
  "we may also keep in mind that 'limiting the availability, sourcing, and
reusability of a claim' may not be sustainable reliability-wise, as sources
that impose those limits are increasingly being challenged as biased,
unaccountable, and unreliable."

Liam Wyatt, 13/11/19 02:03:
> is there any bot that is systematically going
> around and collecting new URLs that are added with the Reference URL
> property (P854), adding them to Internet Archive,

As long as MediaWiki is not broken, and the URLs are announced on the
expected venues (I believe
<https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Event_Platform/EventStreams#API>),
yes, the Internet Archive immediately crawls them. This is documented at
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Archived_Pages> (sort of).

How complete is the coverage now?  /S