Hi everyone,

UNESCO have established a social networking platform for OER community
discussions with particular emphasis on building policy for sustainable OER
futures.

I must compliment Abel Caine and the team at the UNESCO's Communication and
Information sector because:

   - This fills an important gap in the burgeoning field of OER -- namely
   focused international discussions on policy development for open education.
   - UNESCO have listened to the feedback and comments from many OER
   practitioners around the world for a web-based environment for these open
   discussions -  preferably a list which remains open and not "closed down"
   after each scheduled discussion.
   - Running the platform using the popular open source
elgg<http://www.elgg.org/>environement. I understand that UNESCO have
contributed code improvements
   back to the community. Well done UNESCO!

I encourage all WikiEducators with an interest in helping form and co-design
international policy around OERs to join the community.

See:

http://www.wsis-community.org/pg/groups/14358/open-educational-resources-oer/

I look forward to sharing ideas with international colleagues via this great
community resource.

Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org>
Director, International Centre for Open Education,
Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand.
Founder and elected Community Council Member,
Wikieducator<http://www.wikieducator.org%20>
Mobile +64 21 2436 380
Skype: WGMNZ1
Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/Mackiwg> |