Wayne

This is the tool  I was waiting for , thanks

Teresa

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Wayne Mackintosh <mackintosh.wa...@gmail.com <mailto:mackintosh.wa...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi everyone,

    UNESCO have established a social networking platform for OER
    community discussions with particular emphasis on building policy
    for sustainable OER futures.

    I must compliment Abel Caine and the team at the UNESCO's
    Communication and Information sector because:

        * This fills an important gap in the burgeoning field of OER
          -- namely focused international discussions on policy
          development for open education.
        * UNESCO have listened to the feedback and comments from many
          OER practitioners around the world for a web-based
          environment for these open discussions -  preferably a list
          which remains open and not "closed down" after each
          scheduled discussion.
        * Running the platform using the popular open source elgg
          <http://www.elgg.org/> environement. I understand that
          UNESCO have contributed code improvements back to the
          community. Well done UNESCO!

    I encourage all WikiEducators with an interest in helping form and
    co-design international policy around OERs to join the community.

    See:

http://www.wsis-community.org/pg/groups/14358/open-educational-resources-oer/

    I look forward to sharing ideas with international colleagues via
    this great community resource.

-- Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
    Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org/>
    Director, International Centre for Open Education,
    Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand.
    Founder and elected Community Council Member, Wikieducator
    <http://www.wikieducator.org%20/>
    Mobile +64 21 2436 380
    Skype: WGMNZ1
    Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/Mackiwg> | identi.ca