2012/7/1 Orsolya Gyenes <[email protected]>:
> Hello fellow Wikipedians,
>
> I need some advise from London folks. I will be flying through London
> Heatrow to D.C this coming Saturday but I am going to have a 6-hours long
> connecting time there to kill.
>
> Could anyone tell what can I do on Heathrow for that amount of time besides
> eating and shopping? Is there anything that I could visit nearby?
>

Windsor Castle & Eton are the nearest tourist attraction. You can get
there by local bus:

http://www.londontoolkit.com/whattodo/windsor_heathrow_bus.htm

from terminal 5.

Even just a round trip by local bus might be interesting. An occasion
to see some English countryside.

But bear in mind that Heathrow has very slow check-in system - You
need to have at least 1.5 hr for it.


-- 
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Polimerek
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
http://www.cbmm.lodz.pl/work.php?id=29&title=tomasz-ganicz

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

Reply via email to