This is a follow-up to a posting to this list by the Wikimania Committee in
July soliciting proposals for people who might be interested in hosting a
future Wikimania (especially 2018 and 2019), as follows:

We are now looking for proposals of teams and locations. This is not a
​ ​
bidding process; we are keen for this to be a light-weight, simple request
for suggestions. You don’t need to have a venue locked down, contracts
drafted or sponsors lined up. You can have a quick look at the “judging
criteria” which were used for 2016,[2] but the key part is commitment. In
deciding where to hold conferences, we have to take into account additional
factors about potential sites such as cost,
​ ​
accessibility, and security. ​

I will be following up with various people who have expressed interest in
the coming week.  If anyone  else is interested in discussing the
possibilities (the team/prospective host need not be tied to a particular
venue), please get in touch with me directly by October 30, 2016.    We
will be working with the WM
​F ​
in the coming months in finalizing a venue/team for 2018, and we also want
to get an early start at identifying potentials for the following year.​

Thank you,

Ellie Young

WMF Events Manager

Wikimania-l mailing list