I will be meeting with the WMF management next week to discuss strategy,
budget, etc for future Wikimanias.   So after that I will be posting more
information.   In the meantime, as you say, we don't want people to put
energy into detailed proposals or looking at the past structure of bids.
I am just trying to get expressions of interest at this time, with the hope
of making the process of hosting/organizing a much less painful experience
for prospective people.

Thanks, Ellie

Ellie Young
Events Manager