Hi Chris,

That sounds like a really good option for 2018 or later, especially when
you consider how open Thailand is for visitors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand

Also it would be the first Wikimania in the far East for five years.

If Bangkok traffic is as bad as its reputation,  would it be possible to
get a compact venue with food accommodation and conference all in walking
distance?

WSC