I agree Bangkok would be great for the next Asia Wikimania.

Given costs, if necessary, it would be easy to bring in additional
volunteers from nearby countries to form a larger 'local' committee to
help planning everything.

> (only 20 mins from the backpacker ghetto (rooms from 4 quid a night)

There are also lots of really nice places to stay across Bangkok, and
very reasonable accom for USD $10 per night, and *nice* accom for USD
$20.

The main thing to be wary of is arriving at the Don Mueang
International Airport, which is not connected to good local transport.
It isnt worth saving $50 on a lower-cost flight to arrive here as
opposed to the new Suvarnabhumi Airport.

John Vandenberg