I agree on the tracking issue. A few years ago I heard about a situation in
which a law enforcement agency was tracking complaints about its officers
and learned through that system that one of its officers had a pattern of
receiving "courtesy complaints", not bad enough to indicate that the
officer should be fired, but problematic enough in a pattern to suggest
that intervention from a supervisor was appropriate. The intervention that
was attempted was to pair that officer with a more experienced officer to
teach the younger officer about how to do his/her job with less friction.
After that intervention, the pattern of complaints stopped.

Pine