This is going wildly of topic.  But...
The decency?

I don't think i would agree with your characterization that people who
don't like to give a carte blanche to everyone to publish (sometimes not
very elegant) photos of them should treat themselves as second rank
participants.

Especially in the context of a discussion around a friendly space policy, i
am of the opinion that this would be a dangerous direction.

Lodewijk