While Pine was president, we ran several GLAM events, did a series of (I think) 8 edit-a-thons at the University of Washington, held an annual picnic, did a pretty big event here in Seattle for Wikipedia Day, etc. Since he stepped aside, we haven't even reliably had Board meetings.

I'm not saying we need quite the prior level of activity, but we should be doing more than we are.

As I've said before: about 3 years from now, I'm likely to have time to lead this. I don't now. I've been unofficially working a bit with some ethnic organizations etc. to help them get involved in Wikipedia-related activities, and I continue to do my own Commons work, and that's about all I have time for right now.

JM

On 3/13/2018 1:18 PM, gburl...@hevanet.com wrote:
I'm sorry to hear the the Cascadia group might be wound down. This is a group that I wanted to be involved with, but have been unable to attend any of the meetings or offer help due to having a family & living here in Portland.

What has the Cascadia group done, besides having meetings on weekday nights? Would it be practical to move its center of focus here in Portland?

Geoff Burling
en: llywrch

On 2018-03-13 12:46, Pine W wrote:

Hi Joe,

I haven't heard anything from Peacray about this in awhile. However, he
appears to be active on English Wikipedia (see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Peaceray), so I suggest
that you ask him on his talk page.

The impression that I get is that he and Brian lack the time and interest to continue with the Cascadia organization, and if that is the case and no one else is interested and willing to keep the organization alive, then the organization should be wound down and any remaining assets (like the camera
and camcorder) should be handled in the manner that's specified in the
bylaws:

"ARTICLE XIV - DISSOLUTION
"Vote Required. The Corporation may be dissolved by a two-thirds vote of
the Board.
"Donation of Remaining Assets. Upon the termination, dissolution or final liquidation of the Corporation in any manner or for any reason, its assets,
if any, remaining after payment (or provision for payment) of all
liabilities of the Corporation, shall be distributed to, and only to, one or more organizations organized and operated exclusively for charitable or educational purposes as shall at the time qualify as an exempt organization
or organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Code as the Board shall
determine by majority vote. Such distribution of assets shall be calculated
to carry out the objectives and purposes stated in the Articles of
Incorporation. In no event shall any of such assets or property be
distributed to any member, Director or Officer, or any private individual."

I wish that I had better news. :(

Pine