Hi James,

On 21 Apr 2014, at 19:16, James Alexander <jalexan...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Philippe and I have worked hard to try and make the 'staff' user group as
> it traditionally stands a very 'as needed' right and so the default is now
> to give out no rights or "smaller", more focused, rights (meta admin,
> central notice admin, global interface editor etc) that fit their need. (
> we ask for a use case for every rights request, you can see most of them
> here
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvhjkTJIpW2zdDl1bVBuOU1jQUJwOHd5YmhmSzFaZHc&single=true&gid=5&output=htmlsysadmin
> rights aren't on there because they are generally handled by
> engineering).

Thanks for sharing that link. It didn't work for me the first time, but
removing the output= parameter fixes that, so the working URL is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvhjkTJIpW2zdDl1bVBuOU1jQUJwOHd5YmhmSzFaZHc&single=true&gid=5
Please can this be turned onto an on-wiki document, rather than being a google
doc, as it's quite an important one that should be transparent to the community
as a whole! I'd be happy to help with the wikification if that would be useful.

Thanks,
Mike