All:

I don't know the first thing about the alleged safety concerns discussed on
IRC, but the following quote is troubling to me:

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Wil Sinclair <w...@wllm.com> wrote:

> She replied "a WMF employee emailed me that there are safety
> concerns,

It seems that Wil has chosen to repeat something that was said privately,
about personal safety, in a public forum. It seems likely to me that this
kind of choice would tend to *increase* potential danger, not decrease it.

I'd like to suggest that Wil's access to this email list be blocked, at
least as a temporary measure. I think his behavior here has been reckless
in a number of ways. This is no judgment on him as a person, but I do think
we need to protect this list from further flooding.

I don't know much about the precedents for list access removal, but I
suspect that consensus among active Wikimedians would be pretty strong at
this point. Can anybody comment on what would be necessary to make this
happen?

Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]