aude wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
>> This feels like a strange question to ask. Aren't you asking
>>specifically who the conference organizers were and how many of them
>>were volunteers? I think
>><https://wikiconferenceusa.org/wiki/Organizing_Team> answers this
>>question.
>
>http://wikiconferenceusa.org/wiki/Organizing_Team

Indeed, thank you! (Firefox has an annoying habit of dropping the protocol
when copying and pasting URLs and I now have "https://"; in my muscle
memory.)

aude also wrote:
> Please note that the venue was donated at no cost to Wikimedia, and
>there were a number of other sponsors who sponsored the evening reception
>at the conference.

I loved the venue. I thought it was spacious and pretty and in a decent
area of town and the wifi seemed to be stable and fast for me.

I also really liked having open space scheduled concurrently with all of
the speaking sessions. This is something I think we should encourage at
every editathon or hackathon or meetup. Having presentations and keynotes
and whatever else is nice and all, but people at all types of meetups
should also have the ability to meet up. It's difficult to do that when
you're in a room where you can't speak. :-)  The dedicated open space
provided a really nice solution to this, in my opinion.

MZMcBride