On 15/06/2014 20:19, Pete Forsyth wrote:
Since this seems to be the most heated issue at the moment, I want to point
out: I am not the one who made these allegedly nasty comments public; the
person who made them public, and then proceeded to discuss them in numerous
public forums, was Wil Sinclair. If making them public is the problem, then
the aggressor and one of the victims are one and the same person.

Ahem. After the conference, Kevin Gorman allegedly sent an email to Wil Sinclair telling him to 'back the fuck off'. Sinclair asked (on wiki) "Please, Kevin, in the future if you have anything to say to me regarding Wikipedia, try to do it on-wiki where everyone can take part. (10:37, 12 June 2014 UTC).

Directly after this, Sinclair published an email from Gorman, as follows:

"Given how cautious people have asked me to be in speaking to you I would normally hesitate to share this - but given the *sheer number of people who were reiterating the sentiment in NYC*, I don't think it has implications for anyone's anonymity - more than a couple people in NYC, including *in positions where this would normally get them in shit in any organization other than the Wikimedia movement - were pretty explicitly and pretty publicly asking why Lila hadn't either dumped you or banished you from the Wikimedia world yet*. That's not something I want to happen - least of all because it would be a bloody mess - but that's something that multiple influential people are already explicitly bringing up in semi-public settings. (This is pretty certainly on the list of issues people would rather I don't discuss with you... but I can't even think of every person at the conference who brought it up with me.)"

It seems clear why Sinclair felt he had to publish the emails, i.e. being told to 'back the fuck off'. By the same token it is clear why it is such an emotive subject in the community.

>>If making them public is the problem, then the aggressor and one of the victims are one and the same person.

You are saying that Sinclair is the aggressor here?