On 17.06.2014 17:26, George William Herbert wrote:
We need an Uncommons, where the strict open license / PD rules are abandoned
and we accept images as long as their fair use can be established.  And don't
delete unless that fair use is credibly questioned.

Conflating and comingling our educational role with open content advocacy was
always risky and is proving impossible.  Without devaluing open content, we
need to separately support fair use for educational purposes, and stop letting
cross-project advocacy games screw with our educational mission.

Third parties may or may not be able to re-redistribute, but we simply put it up with an
explicit "reuse at your own risk".

"reuse at your own risk" = "risky" = "no reuse for most actors"
Well done!

Emmanuel
--
Kiwix - Wikipedia Offline & more