On 30 November 2014 at 07:35, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do not be daft. The Wikimedia Foundation centralised its fundraising. It
> said that it would do a better job. Seen from a central periphery model, it
> probably does, However seen from the Netherlands it is rather silly.,

I believe that the current process of centralizing funds in the USA
that are actually taken in Europe and then paid out outside of the USA
is *highly* inefficient. By the time the WMF and local organization
(i.e. chapter, thorg, user group or project) costs of fundraising,
grant applications, administration and reporting, payment costs and
significant tax burden are considered, this (avoidable system) throws
away at least 40c out of each donated $1 before we can even start
calculating the extra administration costs/wastage from that point on,
which as a past Chapter chair, I know can easily be a further 50%
compounded on the cost.

Despite this being raised several times over the last few years, no
chapter or the WMF has unambiguously or straight-forwardly calculated
the true end-to-end processing costs. As a consequence, this can only
be a guesstimate based on experience.

Fae