On 22 April 2015 at 19:26, Sydney Poore <sydney.po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At a time in our movement when we are reaching out to partner organization
> (GLAM, universities, etc) to engage them in activities that are outside of
> making on wiki edits, I think we need to expand our ideas about who is a
>  member of our movement with the standing to select the BoT.
>
> A good start to recognizing a broadening of the movement roles is to
> include WMF staff and affiliate staff who do not make onsite edits.
>
> Additionally, I'm not keen on having people go through the motion of making
> just enough edits to get the right to vote as a volunteer when their true
> value to the wikimedia movement is through their staff work.
>
> Sydney

I find hard to understand the point of view of WMF employees who after
a year in employment, have yet to find an hour to make a minimal
number of edits on Wikipedia, just to see what it is like. I would
compare it to working as a web page designer for a supermarket chain,
and never trying to buy some food from one of the stores using your
staff discount.

Fae