My blind mom drives me and my brothers crazy by asking us to read her
Wikipedia articles after she has listened to some book-on-tape or radio
show. It would be great if she could speak the title of the article and
have the article read back to her. If we ignore her, she takes revenge by
turning on the TV full blast and flipping channels until she hears
something that she can follow (very often it's Fox news). She has been
legally blind for about 10 years now and what I have noticed is that she is
very unwilling to listen to machine-read text (though it is better than
nothing). I have often thought it would be good to have a radio channel
that just hooked people like her up with people who are willing to read
articles available online. Probably not something for a Wiki project though
it could be if you used each reading as an opportunity to create or update
an audio recording of the article.