Quim Gil skrev den 2015-07-03 14:27:
I think that if there would be a good candidate for a VP of Engineering in our community, they wouldn't have been unnoticed (but I might be wrong).
Please do not underestimate the competence existing in the community.

For myself I have seven years of experience of being a successful manager of a department made up by of 130 sw designer producing sw design tools for 4000 sw engineers residing in 40 different local offices all over the world. Almost a blueprint of the CTO position at WMF

But I am certainly not a candidate, and only mention this to counter your statement. And I do would like that WMF sometimes took a look outside the Bay area and into out global community, also for recruiting key personnel

Anders