I agree that if the grants discussions were on Foundation wiki that WMF
staff would have more leeway to make decisions without going through the
Board or community. It seems to me that Meta is a community project wiki
that is governed by community leadership and community content moderation,
and it would be scope creep for WMF to "control" portions of Meta.
Especially if the intention is for grants processes to be community led,
then community process should be followed. (In general I would like to see
more community leadership for Community Resources processes and for WMF to
have a support/backstop role. This worked well in IEGCom when I was on that
committee, and I appreciate the very cooperative relationship that we had
with Siko.) Being lax on enforcement provisions for a friendly space policy
is something that the community could address if a friendly space policy
goes through an RfC.

Thanks,
Pine