Strongly seconded.

This makes copyedits and typo correction - the first step of editing - 15
seconds rather than 150.
(It could be much faster still if the edit summary process weren't so
elaborate :)  just let anyone doubleclick to edit a single word, and
autosave it as a minor edit without asking...)

The joy of seeing citations autocomplete is immediate and lasting.

In my experience, the main problem with using VE for everything is still
the inability to sign talk page comments!  That's very confusing even for
me when I have to switch b/t editors.

SJ
(helping run another editathon for chemists at the upcoming American
Chemical Society's 250th anniversary :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Boston/American_Chemical_Society_Wikipedia_Edit-a-thon:_Notable_Chemists_and_Chemistry

Samuel Klein          @metasj          w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266