On 2015-10-06 16:21, Yaroslav M. Blanter wrote:
To be honest, I can not recollect a single instance WMF people ever
apologized to the community for any decision, even when it was
immediately clear that they screwed up badly (like removing admin
rights on WMF Wiki etc). I do not expect it this time. I do not see
Elly Young in any of the Wikimania threads.

Cheers
Yaroslav

I was off-list provided with such an example, and Aubrey made another example off-list, so that I am going to retract my statement. However, I certainly would like to see more examples of apologies when people screw up, and also thanking volunteers in public never harms. I thank Elly for her response, though I do not feel like she addresses the main issue: asking Manila and Perth teams to submit a bid at the time when it was decided that Montreal gets it. This is not my business anymore though, I would not attend Wikimania in either city anyway.

Cheers
Yaroslav