Maybe it is time to reconsider some of our standard metrics for wiki loves
monuments.

One of the big gains in several countries has been to get a list of monuments
into Wikipedia maybe in future direct into wikidata. I think that the standard
metrics should reflect that, OK it is metadata, but our metrics should put more
value on the metadata we achieve.

Sometimes wiki loves monuments gives us lots more images of something we
already have reasonable pictures of. Sometimes it gives us images of notable
monuments that we don't yet have articles about. Or it gives us interior shots
of a building that already have a featured photo of the exterior.

I suggest we think of three metrics here:
How many monuments have we gone from no images to images?
How many monuments do we have better quality images for?
How many monuments do we have images for more of their features?

Number of images used is an over hasty metric, perhaps five years after the
contest we could measure this and get a very different statistic. Sometimes we
need much more patience to see how wikipedians will use materials over time.
This is likely to be especially true in countries where we don't currently have
much coverage in terms of articles.

Another way to tell the story is to give us examples of gaps that we have
filled. For example, the article on ******* church explained that it was listed
as a national monument because of the quality of the frescos inside it, as a
result of WLM we now have photos of those frescos available for the article.

~~~~