Hi,

My email was an answer to this topic going to the religion ground, sorry if
it was interpretated otherwise.

More to the point. As a movement, we must never remember that we ARE
diverse. That is one of the thing I love the most is that twice a year I do
actually get to meet people from the other side of the world and learn.
And whatever happens in Paris, I believe, as Wikimedians, this is what we
should push forward. That no matter what, we cherish that diversity. That
we're documentin all of knowledge and culture.

To be slightly more blunt, I'm totally unconfortable with giving a focus on
Paris when, at the same time, people die on a daily basis by the hand of
the same people in many other countries.
Sadly, everyday thre are acts of terror all around the world. And the one
in Paris is not more important in the end. Our westerners bias make it
looks like more important, but it's not.

So if we could, and I don't know if we could, I would rather see an
initiative start to digitally document as best as we can every piece of
culture/architecture/history the're trying to destroy. That would be
meaningful I think. Though, I have no idea how we could achieve it.

I'm sorry I jumped so quickly, but I'm really pissed of by many many things
today and seeing that topic going off track berserked me (that is something
that happens rarely to me :) )

Best,

--
Christophe