Todd Allen wrote:
>If he were in favor, it would've been a simple resignation.

Yes. We're left to presume that James forced a vote here by refusing to
step down voluntarily.

>I'm not sure why it's surprising he would oppose it.

Right, that part isn't surprising. But discounting the unsurprising vote,
it was a nearly unanimous decision (8 to 1). I have a good deal of respect
for many of the current Board of Trustees members and I have no doubt that
all of them understand and appreciate the gravity of removing a colleague.
This wasn't a close vote and to me that says quite a bit.

MZMcBride