Well, I see nothing in the rule-book [1] that says we have to be rigid.
Sure a lot of our work aligns with Reading, Editing, Discovery, and
Infrastructure.  But some of our work needs bits and pieces from each
vertical, and even if managers and "hierarchists" [2] moan and groan, it
doesn't make the need for that work go away.

I'll give you one example.  This graph that Yuri shared earlier [3] has a
dark secret if you click Edit twice.  The data for that graph is
copy-pasted into the graph in a most unsightly way.  So now it lives in
both wikitext format in the table below and eye-piercing JSON format inside
the graph.  Obviously, this data should live somewhere as a first class
citizen, and be used from both the table and the graph.  Yuri, me, Dario,
and a *bunch* of community members have been talking about the fact that we
need this for at least 2 years.

So why hasn't it happened?  Well, it's because people moaned and groaned
and it didn't fit into our structure.

So let's do it.  Starting now, I am no longer going to be rigidly defined
by my title [4].  I will dedicate some (not all) of my time to helping make
this structured data a first class citizen so we can use it on wikis and
stop turning people's eyeballs to mush with our weird JSON.  I know there's
community desire and support for this, it makes sense, and we're all trying
to work on it in our spare time and at 3am on Sunday the last day of the
hackathon.  Not a great way for a complicated feature to make it out to our
dear community!

Much love, and hopefully inspiration for others to find and do useful
projects not necessarily defined by their title.

Dan

p.s. this email was written with a smile and light-hearted attitude

[1] There is no rule-book :)
[2] hierarchists: people who love hierarchy
[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_paintings#Interactive_graph
[4] I am a "Front End Javascript UX/UI Engineer, Analytics"  *whatever*
that means... : )